[Sca-cooks] Mosquitoes, was OT: Weather in Oertha

Sharron Albert morgana at gci.net
Wed Jan 25 02:26:35 PST 2006

Ysabeau said:
>I remember camping near Valdez around '77. We actually packed up
>and left in the in middle the night because of the mosquitos. Big,
>Huge, Gigantic mosquitos...everywhere, all over, no place to hide!

Lol!

I used to go up on Murphy Dome to see the midnight sun on summer
solstice. We're just a little too south to see it without getting
some elevation. And we don't really have mountains, just some low
ridges and mounds -- we're pretty much in a large low valley. The
last time I tried to watch the dip and rise of the sun (taking about
20 minutes) outside of a car, I was driven away by the hoards of
mosquitoes. We were slapping mosquitoes in the car all the way home.

Morgana