[Sca-cooks] help for 1250 French/Greek

Stephanie Ross hlaislinn at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 3 21:42:51 PDT 2006

I just got a request from a friend, and all I can offer is that maybe Le
Viandier's recipes came from an earlier book in her time period, and I know
of no Greek period cookbooks. What do you smart people have to say?

>  I was curious if you had any help finding documentation for a potential
Art/Sci project.  My personna is a French women (originally from Troyes)
who went on the 7th Crusade (1251) with King Louis as a      >retainer to
the Countess of Champaigne and also to assist Margaret (Louis' wife) who
was pregnant and delivered in Damietta.  My personna ended up marrying a
gentle who belonged to the Order of Santiago >de Compostela and we are in
charge of running a sugar plantation on the island of Cyprus (probably near
Paphos).  I would love to serve a luncheon/banquet for the next Art/Sci
judges that would be completely >representative of what I would serve.  I
have some documentation from Joinville's account that they had wheat,
barley, rice, cumin and sugar, but not much else.  Any help would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
~Aislinn~

America is the only country that went from barbarism to decadence without
civilization in between. - Oscar Wilde

Et si omnes ego non.