[Sca-cooks] The Future of Food: Ferran Adrea

Mairi Ceilidh jjterlouw at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 4 08:16:08 PDT 2006

King's Taste Productions wrote:
> Tonight on the Travel Channel, Anthony Bourdain's "No Reservations" is
> an entire episode devoted to Ferran Adrea, a cutting-edge chef in Spain.
> I have heard of the foams and congealed noodles that food scientists are
> creating over there, but this was an eye-opener.
> Thought I'd give a heads-up so you can try to catch this episode in your
> area.
> Christianna

If you caught this week's Iron Chef in America, Mario was pitted against
an American chef who is into the same thing.  He had all kinds of "toys"
and used chemical-type ingredients.

Kiri

I'm not sure I want to carry the concept of "better living through
chemistry" into the kitchen.  We eat enough chemicals that have been added
to our food, I don't need to do it purposely. Yeah, I'm getting more organic
every day.

Mairi Ceilidh