[Sca-cooks] help for 1250 French/Greek

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Tue Jul 4 22:20:09 PDT 2006

To my knowledge, the earliest manuscript which was found in the cantonal
library in Sion, Switzerland has not been translated or published.  I know
Scully worked with the other four existing manuscripts for his "Viandier of
Tallivent," but I don't know if he worked with the Sion manuscript.  Most
other authors seem to work with the Vatican manuscript.

An English translation of the Vatican manuscript based on the Pinchon and
Vicaire transcription is located here:
http://www.telusplanet.net/public/prescotj/data/viandier/viandier1.html

A copy of the Pinchon and Vicaire transcription is located on Thomas
Gloning's website:  http://staff-www.uni-marburg.de/%7Egloning/vi-vat.htm

Prescott give additional information about the manuscripts and the various
printed editions.

Bear

From: "Sydney Walker Freedman" <freedmas at stolaf.edu>