[Sca-cooks] help for 1250 French/Greek

Sydney Walker Freedman freedmas at stolaf.edu
Wed Jul 5 06:26:54 PDT 2006

> Sydney commented:
>   <<< It might also be helpful to look at the two early Anglo-Norman
> sources
> that we have.  They were published in an article in Speculum in 1986.  I
> can look up the specifics if you like.  It's on JSTOR, by the way. >>>
>
> Having an Anglo-Norman persona I'd like to hear more details about
> these two Anglo-Norman sources you mention. However, I'm not too sure
> how much commonality there would be between Anglo-Norman cuisine in
> Cyprus and in York Shire, England.

The author discusses the similarities and differences between the
Anglo-Norman recipes and French recipes, so the sources may still be
helpsul.  The article is "Two Anglo-Norman Culinary Collections" by
Constance B. Heiatt and Robin F. Jones, published in the October 1986
issue of Speculum, the Medieval Institutes scholarly journal.

> JSTOR? Huh?

It's a scholarly journal archive.  If you go to a public or university
library, you will most likely be able to access it.  Go to
http://www.jstor.com.  Let me know if you have any more questions.

> Thanks,
>    Stefan

Pax Christi,
Lady Cecilia de Cambrige (also an Anglo-Norman)