[Sca-cooks] Stone/Brick Ovens

Anne-Marie Rousseau dailleurs at liripipe.com
Thu Jul 6 10:13:49 PDT 2006

I've built a couple, and used even more. All with varying levels of success :)

were you trying to do a period oven? or just any outdoor oven?

I have plans to do one in my own backyard as well, and when its time, these are the
plans I'm going to use:

http://www.sunset.com/sunset/garden/article/0,20633,690891,00.html

putting it on an ergonomically tall platform, of course :)

we dont get to bake at events nearly enough, in my opinion :)

--Anne-Marie

On Thu Jul  6  9:56 , Karin Burgess <avrealtor at prodigy.net> sent:

>has anyone on this list built and used an outdoor stone/brick oven? I am toying
with the idea of building one in my backyard but wondered about the product
produced in one.

>  Actually, it will be me and my daughter building it, kinda of a summer vacation
project.  Hubby will supervise though.