[Sca-cooks] Stone/Brick Ovens

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Jul 6 12:20:29 PDT 2006

Muiriath asked:
> has anyone on this list built and used an outdoor stone/brick oven?
> I am toying with the idea of building one in my backyard but
> wondered about the product produced in one.
>
>   Actually, it will be me and my daughter building it, kinda of a
> summer vacation project.  Hubby will supervise though.
>
>   Any thoughts on the subject?

Take a look through this Florilegium file for a bunch of info about
them and how to cook in them and some personal experiences with
building them:
ovens-msg        (100K)  3/26/05    Medieval ovens and SCA camp ovens.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-UTENSILS/ovens-msg.html

There is also this file, but it oriented toward ovens that are more
portable:
camp-ovens-msg    (58K)  6/25/06    Small period and SCA camp ovens.
http://www.florilegium.org/files/CAMPING/camp-ovens-msg.html

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas