[Sca-cooks] Stew by another name?

Ron Carnegie r.carnegie at verizon.net
Sat Jul 8 14:07:18 PDT 2006

Frankly I would use the word Ragout.  That is exactly what they did in the
English  cook books of the  18th century.  There is some believe that the
english pronounced the word the way it is spelled rather than as intended.
I do not know if there is documentation to support that or not.  The word
certainly has been used in English however.

Ranald de Balinhard, formerly a frequent 18th century cook.