[Sca-cooks] OOP - Cooking at Alton's House

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Thu Jul 13 08:27:20 PDT 2006

grizly wrote:
> I also use the same muffin dealies to make "Shrewsbury Truffles".  Make
> Shrewsbury cake cups using appropriate sized press/plunger in the mini
> muffin pans.  Dock and bake to done.  Fill with favorite Truffle mixture and
> chill.  They ain't flashy, but woth a little Chambord (sp) in the truffle,
> they rock.

What Master Niccolo wrote reminded me of Selene's Dreaded Chocolate
Mousse.  She shared the recipe several years back and, with a couple of
modifications, I have served it many times with great success, including
in cake cups!  I use either superfine sugar (found regular sugar to give
it a grainy texture) or Splenda...only cut down the quantity a bit.  And
I use Chambord rather than the vanilla she called for.  Top with some
shaved dark chocolate, and it's heavenly.  If you don't have the recipe
I can send it.

Kiri