[Sca-cooks] Number of times cloth napkins can be used and washed

Carole Smith renaissancespirit2 at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 15 08:57:21 PDT 2006

Please note the words "in homes" in the message below.  I was not addressing use in public restaurants, nor did the original poster indicate whether home or restaurant was being considered.

  Cordelia

Micheal <dmreid at hfx.eastlink.ca> wrote:
  Greetings
Considering the number of laws, regulations, ordinances, concerning public
health issues by most State and Provincial Health Departments for
Restaurants. Are you sure you want to stay with that line. What you do at
home is up to you, but I am very sure it is not so for any place the public
eats.
I know for fact not at my house nor in any of the Restaurants I have ever
worked at. It is why so many places use paper ones.

> Why would you wash the napkin after one use? That is not customary even
> in the current century in homes where cloth napkins are commonly used.

Cealian