[Sca-cooks] Number of times cloth napkins can be used and washed

grizly grizly at mindspring.com
Sat Jul 15 12:06:01 PDT 2006

We have clarified what information was and was not asked for, and that
restaurants must use fabric napkins once, and then wash/sanitize, while
in-home customs are left to individual mores (which will vary from decade to
family to time of day to world region).  All are interesting enough topics
of themselves; I have a suggestion to help find the answer to the question.

I use Spirit Services in my restaurant to provide (rent weekly) kitchen
towels, aprons and mop heads for my operation . .. that they will know.
They do not currently offer linen services in my area for table
clothes/napkins.  However, I did a quick GOOGLE of "linen service napkin"
and found lots of places that do napkin services.  I would recommend calling
some place locally who does linen rentals, or a large vendor from the
internet.  The 1st one on my search is the Michigan State Univ campus
services.

Since it is their business to know the life expectancy of such for their
depriciation/inventory control and profitability analysis, operations like
that should have the information at hand. Even contacting someone through
http://www.milliken.com/ or
http://www.millikentablelinen.com/TblLinen/TblLinen.nsf/page/index.html
might be able to tell you what they rate their various materials at . . .
they are a HUGE producer of commercial and household linens.  From their
FAQ:

Who do I contact for technical questions and processing questions regarding
Milliken Table Linen fabrics?

Contact Milliken & Company's Technical Service Teams at 800-322-8326
(outside the US/Canada 864-503-2717) or click here.
(hyperlink to:
http://www.millikentablelinen.com/TblLinen/TblLinen.nsf/page/ct.html )

Sorry I don't have the info in hand, but these might be useful sources to
begin you search.

niccolo difrancesco