[Sca-cooks] OOP: booze whacker, was Items of Possible Interest

lilinah at earthlink.net lilinah at earthlink.net
Mon Jul 17 13:13:30 PDT 2006

'Lainie wrote:
>I thought the booze whacker was banished? Alail said something about it
>earlier this weekend (I just got home from An Tir Coronation) and everyone
>agreed that a two-stroke engine has no place at a camping event...

A couple years ago he had it out after midnight for the big party on
the Eric. Some of us complained and he turned it off. There was then
acrimonious discussion on the West list. Those of us who thought that
a very loud, gas motor was inappropriate at an SCA event, at least
after 10 PM, were told: (a.) clearly we were not fun, and (b.) since
the current King had requested it, no one could complain because "the
king's word is law". On the other hand i have not heard it since then
and i'm usually camped near the Eric.

Perhaps he only brings to to special events - i don't go to wars very
often, and haven't been to Estrella in a couple years.

>Of course, the only blender drink that I like is a margarita. Given the
>choice, I'd much rather have ouzo.

I don't mind a variety of blender drinks, but it's usually too darn
cold at night here for me to want to drink one. Even if it's in the
90s during the day, it's usually in the 40s, or low 50s at best, at
night. Brrr. I want blender drinks when it's over 80.

On the other hand, i'm just not that into alcohol and only have a few
sips if there are toasts to people at a Saturday night dinner.
--
Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
the persona formerly known as Anahita