[Sca-cooks] First cookbooks....

King's Taste Productions kingstaste at comcast.net
Tue Jul 18 09:26:22 PDT 2006

I grew up teething on my Dad's 1940's copy of The Joy of Cooking.  It
has lots more canned foods in it, and even some information about
substitutions to make with rationing tickets.

He finally gave in and bought me my own copy in the 70's so he could get
his back (although I own both now :)

I think one of the first cookbooks of my own was that same Peanuts
Cookbook - I still have it on the shelf as well.

First SCA cookbook was "How to Cook Forsoothly".

First period cookbooks were Fabulous Feasts, then To the King's Taste
and photocopies of Digby and Platt.  (It wasn't until Tara and I
daytripped up to D.C. to see the Folger exhibit that I realized the size
of the photocopies was due to the actual book size - they are tiny!)

Christianna