[Sca-cooks] [Fwd: Russian cooking stuff]

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Thu Jul 20 17:10:08 PDT 2006

Friends,
I forwarded Aislinn's message about zakuskas to one of my apprentices,
and she turned it over to her husband, Lord Mikhail.  He is a Russian
translator for the Army, and is currently working on a translation
(newer and hopefully better) of the Domestroi.  I am forwarding his
response to Aislinn...hopefully you'll all find his responses
interesting.  He has given me permission to do so and said that if
anyone wants to talk with him privately about this, I can supply them
with his email addy.

By the bye...my student is an incredibly fine cook, and Lord Mikhail is
a very fine brewer.

Kiri