[Sca-cooks] German cookbooks, SCA new group info

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Thu Jul 20 23:46:30 PDT 2006

Gwynn mentioned:
  <<<   I would like to get together during Pennsic with anyone who has
done german feasts or interested in german cooking. I am working on
translations and redactions and I am curious about who is finding
what, what others have done that work and don't work, etc. >>>

Just in case you weren't aware of these, here are a few German
oriented cooking files in the Florilegium:
Eberhard-art      (91K)  6/29/05    A 15th century German recipe
collection
                                        translated by Giano Balestriere.
Inntal-art        (32K)  6/29/05    An early 16th century recipe
collection from
                                        Bavaria translated by Giano
Balestriere.
Konigsberg-art    (28K)  6/29/05    A 15th century cookbook from East
Prussia
                                        translated by Giano Balestriere.
fd-Germany-msg   (116K)  9/25/05    Medieval and Period German food.
Cookbooks.
23-Ger-Mushrm-art (28K)  3/ 6/03    "Twenty-three German Mushroom
Recipes"
                                        by Anahita.
sauerkraut-msg    (36K)  9/25/05    Period sauerkraut and pickled
cabbage.

<<< In N07
once again across from Atlantian Royal. House Drunken Badger. I am
taking nearly every cooking class out there this year. It's the first
time in 15 years I've been able to just take classes!!! >>>

Then it is likely that I will see you in some of the classes.

<<<  Gwynn, Chatelaine of the
   Incipient Canton of Abhainn Iarthair,
   Barony of Stierbach in the Kingdom of Atlantia.>>>

It sounds like you may already be aware of what is in these files,
but I'll mention them just in case they might be of use to you or
others in your new group. These are in the SCA-INC section:
new-groups-msg    (17K)  6/11/05    Procedures and advice on starting
new SCA
                                        groups.
fundraising-msg   (46K)  7/ 3/05    Fundraising ideas for SCA groups.
recruiting-art    (16K)  7/13/02    "On the Recruiting and Retention
of New
                                         Members" by Lady Meliora
Leuedai de
                                         Ardescote.
recruitment-msg   (48K)  6/11/05    Recruitment ideas. bringing in
new members.
Bng-an-Officer-art (7K)  7/26/02    "On Being an SCA Officer" by HL
Annes
                                        Clotilde von Bamburg.

Stefan
--------