[Sca-cooks] OT: Pennsic Question

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Thu Jul 27 16:38:10 PDT 2006

lilinah at earthlink.net wrote:
> Well, i'm not gonna make it to Pennsic this year. But i am firm about
> going in 2007 (barring some catastrophe). Yea!
>
> My question is:
> What are the significant differences in "content" between the two
> weeks? I'm not going to fight, but to shop and take classes and maybe
> even, gulp, gasp, socialize.
>
> Thanks for any info.

The first week is more "laid back"...lots of time to relax, etc.  The
number of people increases during the week, but merchants, etc.,
typically don't open until about halfway through the week.  There are
classes during the week.  However, most of the cool "stuff" happens
during the second week...more classes, shopping, parties, concerts,
shopping, dancing (ME and European), and did I mention...shopping.  I
kind of have the choice of which week, and can only go for one this
year, so am going for the second week...leaving Friday from home,
staying through the end of War a week later on Saturday.

Just be sure to let us know if you are coming for sure...we'll be happy
to make sure you have transportation, etc.

Kiri