[Sca-cooks] Fw: I Have Chosen!

JAMES REVELLS sudnserv5 at verizon.net
Thu Jul 27 20:42:03 PDT 2006

    Off topic, but I hope you will enjoy.

    Sunday, a guy comes up to my Kiosk in the Mall.  He showed me a item I had made on commission several months ago, a sterling silver plate in the shape of a dog tag with a cross cut out.  He asked me to make him some plain ones.  He was shipping out for Iraq soon & wanted to get them engraved with something to give to his family.  I got all fifteen of them done last night.
    Since he told me what he was doing, I have been thinking what I would put on them, if I were back in service again (I don't know what he is having engraved).  This is what I came up with.  So far I have had a couple of people ask me to make some for them.  I am looking into a source for pre-made silver dog tags.  I may do up a few & see if people are really interested.
Pax,
Olaf

I Have Chosen!

I have chosen this Duty.
I can not let it pass.
Not because I won't miss you,
nor that I love you less,
but because I love you more.
I have chosen this Duty,
To defend our Country,
our People, our Home.
To defend you.
I have chosen this duty,
to be one of the "Rough Men".
Keep me in your heart until I return.

" We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm. "
George Orwell

Copyright 2006 J. M. Revells