[Sca-cooks] Pennsic Question

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Fri Jul 28 10:41:08 PDT 2006

Dates PW XXXVI for 2007 are
2007          27-Jul     10-Aug

which is earlier. They expect 12,000 people more or less.
http://www.pennsicwar.org/penn35/GENERAL/future.html
People who plan to attend might want to subscribe to this year's
Pennsic Independent newsletter to get a better idea of what happens
at the War these days.http://pennsicindependent.com/
The cost is fairly minimal.

I am not sure that the Coopers deserve the description of being mercenary.
One has to remember that the Society profits also from this event.
SCA Membership saves one 25 dollars. It's rather expensive to attend as
a walk-up.
It's either 145 or 125 to just walk up to the gate and pay. How many
"fringe element"
spend that kind of money?

I can remember when the event was held over a weekend in September or
late August.
(I had the opportunity to attend PW II, but opted to stay in school and
not skip classes.)
If it's too big and not medieval enough for you now, then perhaps Gulf
Wars or another
venue would be more to your liking.

Johnnae