[Sca-cooks] Cooking contest

Bronwynmgn at aol.com Bronwynmgn at aol.com
Fri Jul 28 14:14:29 PDT 2006

In a message dated 7/28/2006 12:44:07 P.M. Eastern Standard Time,
hlaislinn at earthlink.net writes:

<<If novices can't compete
against Laurels, then how are  Laurels to be able to notice them and get
them elevated? >>

They manage somehow.  After all, I was Laurelled just about 2 years  ago and
I have not entered any competitions in well over 10 years.  I think  that
emphasizing competition as a way to choose Laurels is extremely  short-sighted and
very biased towards those people who a) enjoy competitions (I  don't); and b)
compete well.  In my experience, you are often more likely  to find the
person with the amazing store of knowledge and skill working quietly  away on
something for themselves or their friends or family and not even paying  attention
to any competition that might be happening.

Brangwayna Morgan