[Sca-cooks] Cooking contest

Sharron Albert morgana at gci.net
Sun Jul 30 21:12:43 PDT 2006

>Here in the West, our A&S competitions have specific themes and
>usually, although not always, a specific skill. Rarely to we get as
>general a topic as one coming up soon: Viking ornamentation (any
>technique). Usually there are more focused - (to be completely
>random, oh, say, 14th century woodworking).
>
>snippage

>I continue to do this as Silver Spoon, and it is done at the Kingdom
>level in both A&S and Wooden Spoon, because our A&S and our cooking
>competitions often have so few entries.
>
>We also have cooking competitions in our Principalities - Silver
>Spoon for the Mists, Copper Spoon for Cynagua, the Silver Ulu for
>Oertha.
>--
>Urtatim (that's err-tah-TEEM)
>the persona formerly known as Anahita

Actually, the Silver Ulu in Oertha is not a cooking competition
award, but rather an award to someone who has a certain level of
knowledge of period cooking. They often have planned and executed
feasts at local and principality level, and share their knowledge
both formally and informally.

I am by no means as expert as many of you on this list, but was an
early recipient of a Silver Ulu, for fostering period cooking when we
just learning about it, back in the dark days before emai lists (G).

Morgana yr Oerfa
Baroness Winter's Gate