[Sca-cooks] leather cooking vessels

Terry Decker t.d.decker at worldnet.att.net
Wed Jul 12 05:46:26 PDT 2006

The Angles, Saxons, and Jutes were from the area of northern Europe that was
not under Roman rule.  Their arrival in Britian is after the major Roman
withdrawal, so don't think of them as Romanized.  They were using the
techniques that met the requirements of their environment.

While cooking in leather with heated rocks may be Neolithic, it is
serviceable.  We still use immersion heaters today.  The technology is
improved, but the priciple is the same.  Civilizations add and improve upon
culinary utensils and techniques, but they usually don't discard that which
works.

Bear