[Sca-cooks] OOP - Cooking at Alton's House

King's Taste Productions kingstaste at comcast.net
Thu Jul 13 08:27:00 PDT 2006

Maestro Niccolo graciously wrote:

	First off . . . you suck.  Now, to the business of suggestions.

ROTFLMAO - love you too, big guy!

<snip many good recipe ideas>

Great minds thinking alike - I had already considered figs broiled with
some melted bittersweet chocolate, especially if the fig bush in my
neighbor's back yard is ready.  I also have been considering Egrydouce
or a variation thereof, and something resembling a Lombard Tart with
seasonal fresh beet greens.  I need to hit some local markets on
Saturday and see what I can score.

>TOTAL ASIDE:  I met a guy named Tony Gambino in Baltimore last week who
got
us really inspired to push for a dining establishment a step or two
above a
pizza joint (but still selling pizzas as part of it).   We're getting
past
the Gambino name nicely, and emailing him to get the advice he offered
along
with starting recipes.  I hope to get his Alfredo mother sauce . . . it
was
absolutely drop-dead the best I've ever had.  Bolognese was spectacular
as
well with it's splash of vodka.

Hmm, that could be interesting.
Alfredo sauce is so much about the cook and not the ingredients, you'll
have to observe him making it rather than just getting the recipe.

Thanks for the ...um... good wishes, and for the fabulous ideas!
Christianna