[Sca-cooks] OOP - Cooking at Alton's House

Susan Fox selene at earthlink.net
Thu Jul 13 08:42:47 PDT 2006

Elaine Koogler wrote:
> grizly wrote:
>
>> I also use the same muffin dealies to make "Shrewsbury Truffles".  Make
>> Shrewsbury cake cups using appropriate sized press/plunger in the mini
>> muffin pans.  Dock and bake to done.  Fill with favorite Truffle mixture and
>> chill.  They ain't flashy, but woth a little Chambord (sp) in the truffle,
>> they rock.
>>

> What Master Niccolo wrote reminded me of Selene's Dreaded Chocolate
> Mousse.  She shared the recipe several years back and, with a couple of
> modifications, I have served it many times with great success, including
> in cake cups!  I use either superfine sugar (found regular sugar to give
> it a grainy texture) or Splenda...only cut down the quantity a bit.  And
> I use Chambord rather than the vanilla she called for.  Top with some
> shaved dark chocolate, and it's heavenly.  If you don't have the recipe
> I can send it.
>
> Kiri
It's on my web site, along with a lot of other stuff that you have my
permission to use.  For right now, the URL is:
<http://home.earthlink.net/~selene/kitchen/>    Important note:  this
will be moving in the next couple of days to a new server.  I am the
mistress of my own domain!  SUSANFOX.NAME because SusanFox.com was
taken;  not by my name-twin, Viscountess Merewyn but by a realtor in
Hawaii.  Drat.

Chambord.  I approve of this message!  Don't SCA royals need a Royal Orb
of State like the Chambord bottle?  <grin>

Best, Selene