[Sca-cooks] First cookbooks....

Stephanie Ross hlaislinn at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 18 10:20:20 PDT 2006

1. What was the first cookbook you ever owned, all by yourself? The Nancy
Drew Cookbook, which I still own

2. What was the first cookbook you remember cooking from? the 1963 edition
of the Betty Crocker cookbook, which is falling apart badly but I'd never
part with it. I stole it from my mom when I moved out at 18 - she didn't
cook anymore and I needed a cookbook.

3. What was the first period cookbook/food text you ever owned? The
Domostroi. Kiri brought it back for me from Pennsic and I put it to good
use this past year when I did a zakuska table for the A&S judge's luncheon.

As far as the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook goes, see if you can't pick
up one on Ebay. I looked for a better copy of my mom's cookbook a few years
back. They were going for thirty to fifty dollars and I couldn't justify
the expense at the time.

~Aislinn~
Et si omnes ego non.

"The care of human life and happiness and not their destruction is the
first and only legitimate object of good government." --Thomas Jefferson to
Maryland Republicans, 1809.