[Sca-cooks] First cookbooks....Original BHG Cookbook

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Tue Jul 18 18:50:30 PDT 2006

It's out in a reprint. Powells has it.
Better Homes and Gardens New Cook Book 1953 Facsimile Edition
by Bh&g An exact reprint of the 1953 red plaid cookbook featuring
appetizers, candy, canning, jiffy cooking, pies, vegetables, and more.
</s?author=Bh&g><>Original, vintage illustrations, more than 50 color
photos of finished foods, more than 250 black-and-white how-to and food
identification photos, all reprinted with a gently aged, nostalgic patina.
19 chapters filled with hearty, beloved '50s favorite recipes such as
mouthwatering Buttermilk Biscuits, Raised Doughnuts, and Feather Sponge
Cake.

http://www.powells.com/biblio?isbn=0696222124
(It also turns up in used copies but it's very hard to measure how
"used" those
copies are without seeing them.)

It won't be "mom's" but it will have those recipes.

Johnnae