[Sca-cooks] Most versatile cooking pot?

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Wed Jul 19 21:38:50 PDT 2006

Aislinn commented:
  <<< While I can appreciate the versatility of the Dutch oven, the
sucker is heavy! Being the paranoid person that I am, plus living in
hurricane central, I have thought about what pot to take in case I
have to leave on foot with only what my family and I could carry. >>>

Having to carry it would certainly change the choices.

I once carried an iron dutch oven over a small mountain ridge while
camping in the Boy Scouts at their Philmont Scout Reservation near
Cimmaron, New Mexico. And I wasn't carrying much of anything else.
Your pot still sounds rather heavy, but much lighter than that dutch
oven.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas