[Sca-cooks] FW: [SCA-Herbalist] Cooking contest

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sat Jul 22 00:41:29 PDT 2006

<<< --- Honour Horne-Jaruk <jarukcomp at sbcglobal.net>
wrote:

       The Maison Rive siege cooking contest, held at
Pennsic for three or four years now, is  occurring
again.

<snip>

      The competing cook can have a whole
household/barony/encampment as cook's helpers, but
must make all the actual decisions by him- or her-
self, and do all the spicing. Presentation and
authenticity count for much of the score,  but it
still has to taste good. >>>

Hmmm. An SCA-Cooks team? :-)

Only one chief, er, chef, though. So that might be difficult to
arrange with this list.

However, I just made my airline reservations for Pennsic earlier this
evening, so it looks like I will be there. The rules do imply that
large teams are allowed, so not everyone on the team has to be an
expert. I'd be interested in joining a team of folks from this list
if some of you are thinking about putting together teams.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com