[Sca-cooks] mezze

Jadwiga Zajaczkowa / Jenne Heise jenne at fiedlerfamily.net
Tue Jul 25 09:01:36 PDT 2006

> Yep, and maybe the Vikings brought the concept of mezze back with them when
> they came home.

I would suggest that the most likely connection between Russia and the
Levant is always Byzantium. Somewhere in my notes from Olearius (buried
in my blog at the moment) there is something about offering guests a
variety of little things to eat as part of the greeting ritual, and I
believe there's also something about that in the period part of the
Domostroi but my brain is rotting at the moment.

-- Jadwiga Zajaczkowa, Knowledge Pika jenne at fiedlerfamily.net