[Sca-cooks] OT: Pennsic Question

Helen Schultz helen.schultz at comcast.net
Fri Jul 28 08:33:19 PDT 2006

lilinah at earthlink.net wrote:
> Well, i'm not gonna make it to Pennsic this year. But i am firm about
> going in 2007 (barring some catastrophe). Yea!
>
> My question is:
> What are the significant differences in "content" between the two
> weeks? I'm not going to fight, but to shop and take classes and maybe
> even, gulp, gasp, socialize.
>
> Thanks for any info.

Urtatim,

I agree with most of what Kiri says, but just remember (and this is
IMPORTANT), if you go for the first week (even if half way into the week),
you still end up paying for the full 2 weeks... this is a Cooper's Lake
rule!!  So, if finances are an issue, opt for the second week.  As far as
shopping is concerned, the first week is best for books, as by the second
week, most of the limited issues are gone <wicked grin>.  And, then, there
is Midnight Madness Wednesday night the second week.

Most of the classes held in the first week are also held the second, but
there is a wider variety of them the second.

True, it is much more crowded the second week, but that is part of why we
come to Pennsic, to socialize with lots and lots of people.

If you drive out, the parking can be reached with a shuttle bus, so you
don't have to walk the entire distance (which is considerable), and there is
the "hay wagon" that goes into the main parts of the site (the parking
shuttle bus, which is actually a yellow school bus, will take you most
anywhere in the upper grounds, the hay wagon the lower ones).  Also, be sure
to pre-register, or you won't be allowed to camp with friends, unless they
conveniently have enough room for you.  For instance, I have a camp member
who can only come the first week this year, and another who can only come
the second... they will be using the same pavilion, since one will arrive as
the other is leaving.

Shire of Narrental (Peru, Indiana)  http://narrental.home.comcast.net
Middle Kingdom

The problem is that we aim too low and hit the mark."  -- Michaelangelo