[Sca-cooks] Pennsic Question

otsisto otsisto at socket.net
Fri Jul 28 20:45:49 PDT 2006

Show Me State Games
http://www.smsg.org/sports/
Yes, I know that there are always conflicts with event scheduling which is
why I said "bit of a crimp" instead of going off on a tangent. :)
My SO's student's event is the 2nd weekend and I try (health permitting) to
go and show support (and make sure my SO eats lunch in between judging).
I have never been to Pennsic but the stories I hear of it are wonderful.
Though the years, since `82, the stories have changed from "guess what the
Tuchuks did this time" to nary a mention of them and what is said is "they
have changed for the better and are working towards accommodating SCA
customs and rules" Most stories that now come back are how the fighting
went, how there is this great merchant that sells such and such, we took
this fantastic class or a competition was fun.. and so on.
Lyse