[Sca-cooks] Pilgrim's Picnic Basket

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Sun Jul 30 06:32:31 PDT 2006

On Jul 30, 2006, at 3:11 AM, Stefan li Rous wrote:

> Huh? what is this about a "Pilgrim's Picnic Basket"?
>
> More details please, Adamantius.

I thought we'd discussed this before... In 1996 I wrote an article
for T.I., based on a competition entry I designed and made for an A&S
competition event in the Central Region (I think -- the regional
lines have been redrawn slightly) of the East Kingdom, an event
called Northern Lights. The article is in the Winter, 1997 issue, I
believe, but it can also be found online here:

http://www.ostgardr.org/cooking/ppb.html

The entry was a travel basket containing an assortment of preserved
foods, laid out as a meal -- oatcakes, smoked sausage, cheese,
compost, and quince paste, plus a mead and a small ale (which weren't
part of the scoring because I had entered them in the brewing
category instead). At the time, it was much talked about in the A&S
community because it got the first perfect score total in the history
of an event known for stiff competition.

When it was over, I told all my friends, "Okay, you wanted me to
compete, I competed, and I still don't much like competitions..."

Adamantius