[Sca-cooks] Cooking contest

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Mon Jul 31 23:27:33 PDT 2006

Elizabeta said:
  <<< Here in Ansteorra, there are rarely A&S competitions with a
specific theme,
they're mostly all arts and all sciences included, with performing arts
being the only area that has its own seperate competition. >>>

For the big, kingdom A&S events I would have to agree. However, I can
remember a number of smaller baronial and shire events which have had
a specific them to their A&S contests. I can also remember some
general A&S contests, including major kingdom ones, where individuals
have put up prizes for the best item within a particular theme.

This last is something I highly encourage because it is also closer
to the patronage shown in the Middle Ages to the best artists.

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas
StefanliRous at austin.rr.com