[Sca-cooks] Sugars

Debra Hense/Kateryn de Develyn nickiandme at att.net
Thu Jul 6 06:49:50 PDT 2006

I found the following two sugars in my SuperTarget store.  Maybe they are in one near you too.
Billington's:  Dark Brown Molasses Sugar and Light Brown Muscovado Sugar
I found them in the sugar/flour baking supplies section.  For a pound they run about two dollars less than Williams-Sonoma.
I like both for their flavor.  When working with a medieval recipe calling for black sugar - I use the dark brown molasses sugar.  When calling just for sugar - I tend to use the light brown muscovado sugar.
You should try them in your recipes instead of plain white.  It adds a whole new level of flavor.
Kateryn de Develyn