[Sca-cooks] OT - Conversion question

Stefan li Rous StefanliRous at austin.rr.com
Sun Jul 23 15:23:56 PDT 2006

I bought a cart for my pair of oxy-acetylene welding tanks, inherited
from my dad, yesterday. Being a cheap Asian manufactured unit from
Harbor Freight, the documentation is ... slim.

The tires on the cart say "inflate to 350 KSa". I'm familiar with PSI
(Pounds per Square Inch) and my bicycle pump also has a kilograms per
square centimeter scale. But what is this "KSa"? And how much is this
in either of the other two scales?

The tanks date from the late 50s or early 60s as does the welding
setup. After buying the cart, I sure hope I can get still get the
tanks inspected and filled. They were last filled and inspected in
1973. I know they radically changed propane tanks a few years ago.

And hopefully Stefan can avoid any "Drakey" adventures with this new
rig. :-)

Stefan
--------
    Mark S. Harris           Austin, Texas