[Sca-cooks] the results of getting back to food...a collie gratin

Anne-Marie Rousseau dailleurs at liripipe.com
Thu Jun 1 08:53:27 PDT 2006

Hey all from Anne-Marie
Thought I'd share what I ended up doing last night (to rave reviews.
Yum!)

I blanched the cauliflower florets and mixed with a goo made of an egg,
about 1 cup evaporated milk, and a good fistful or two of gruyere. Salt,
pepper, dash of Tabasco and some mustard powder (this is my basic goo
for mac n cheese)
Put it in the oven under a blanket of homemade fresh breadcrumbs that
had been sautéed in butter and mixed with salt, pepper and more gruyere.

Very pretty! The breadcrumb topping was exactly the crunchy savory
counterpoint to the creamy smooth goo and slightly nutty collies that I
was hopoing. And the collies weren’t too mooshy. Yay!

Thanks everyone for your input :)
--AM