[Sca-cooks] OOP: Frozen sauces

Saint Phlip phlip at 99main.com
Sat Jun 3 08:32:32 PDT 2006

On 6/3/06, Patrick Levesque <petruvoda at videotron.ca> wrote:

> So, back to the frozen mess...
>
> If the frozen jam is not likely to respond so well to the blender - at
> least
> not to have the grainy texture one would expect of crushed ice- what would
> your recommendations be?
>
> How about adding a little water with some lime juice to avoid an overly
> watery taste?
>
> (this would give us a recipe with blueberry, a little sugar, fresh ginger,
> cilantro, and lime juice - all in all not a bad combination either).
>
> Petru - still at the conceptual phase, but likely to give it a try
> sometime
> this week.... Rare steaks topped with molten goat cheese and blueberry
> sorbet :-)

Well, since we ARE discussing OOP sauces, my usual toomuchelsetodo modern
fruit sauce is some preferred flavor of jelly, jam, or preserves (my mood
changes, and consequently so does the fruit involved) heated with wine, and
such herbs and spices as I think will enhance the flavor of whatever I'm
making (usually duck- to perdition with that orange crap they include with
frozen ducks nowadays). I see no reason why you couldn't chill this hard in
the freezer, and with a bit of experimentation, of balancing wine vs fruit,
wind up with something akin to a soft serve ice cream, or possibly a frozen
drink in texture. Would this help you with what you're striving for?

--
Saint Phlip

Don't like getting old? Beats the Hel out of the alternative.

The purpose of life is not to arrive at the grave, a beautiful corpse,
pretty and well-preserved, but to slide in sideways, thoroughly used up,
totally worn out, proclaiming, "Wow! What a ride!"