[Sca-cooks] OT Air Mattress (was Pennsic Pity Party)

UlfR ulfr at hunter-gatherer.org
Sat Jun 3 11:33:45 PDT 2006

Micheal <dmreid at hfx.eastlink.ca> [2006.06.03] wrote:
> > What would be the price direct from the "manufacturer", so to say? Under

>   I am not sure I understand your question?

Simple; you can purchase through some company that has as a business to
sell hides and furs. Or you can try to get in touch with someone who
goes off every year to hunt caribou, or even someone who lives in the
North and regularilly hunts them for the pot.

At least here you can purchase reindeer hides either from places that
sell touristy stuff (then mostly alun tanned) or
backpacking/wilderness/etc stuff with a retro touch. Or you can go up
north (or develop contact up north) and buy direct from a reindeer
herder. Guess which is cheepest[1]?

UlfR

[] About US$50 direct, at least 50% more by way of someone, and double
the latter if it is alun tanned (unless you are lucky).

UlfR Ketilson                               ulfr at hunter-gatherer.org
Two's company. Three or more is a breach of the Sexual Offences Act 1967