[Sca-cooks] Cast Iron pots??

Phil Troy / G. Tacitus Adamantius adamantius.magister at verizon.net
Sun Jun 4 05:13:01 PDT 2006

On Jun 4, 2006, at 4:08 AM, Stefan li Rous wrote:

> Well, they did repair or redo the Liberty Bell.

Twice, as I recall.

> It then cracked
> again, later.

Yep.

> However, I believe the Liberty Bell, and I imagine most
> bells, is cast of brass, not iron. I think iron would have a horrible
> tonal quality compared to brass.

I dunno, I've had some helmets made of ferrous metals that have rung
pretty good... ;-)

But I was thinking of the technique as one theoretical solution for
repairing a cracked pot, not necessarily to repair it, hit it sharply
with a hammer and see what kind of noise it made.

Adamantius

Holt, 07/29/04