[Sca-cooks] OT Air Mattress (was Pennsic Pity Party)

Micaylah dy018 at ncf.ca
Sun Jun 4 17:05:41 PDT 2006

> Simple; you can purchase through some company that has as a
> business to
> sell hides and furs. Or you can try to get in touch with someone who
> goes off every year to hunt caribou, or even someone who lives in the
> North and regularilly hunts them for the pot.

UlfR you do know how big Canada is right? While *most* of the folks that
live in Northern Canada are aboriginals, the distance is prohibitive and not
easily done. I suspect Sweden is smarter in their transportation choices to
travel around your country. But here if you want to go there you cant drive,
you fly, and it so expensive up there because all produce, products and
anything you can go to a normal store for have to be flown in. The mark up
is ridiculous. So while the game is certainly there, its rather an
impossible feat to be able to acquire a couple of hides anyway. I'm pretty
sure they are available on-line or if I inquired at the appropriate sources.
Unfortunately the demand for deer hides is not so high now a days.

> [] About US$50 direct, at least 50% more by way of someone, and double
> the latter if it is alun tanned (unless you are lucky).

I believe an average "bought" deer hide would be close to about $200 bucks
Cdn. I am a touch envious of you however for living in a county I feel is
one of the best in the world.

ttfn Micaylah