[Sca-cooks] remove vs course

Mairi Ceilidh jjterlouw at earthlink.net
Mon Jun 5 10:51:39 PDT 2006

I have those to say of my 24 years and 10 months of being in the sca, very
very very very rarely have I seen the term course used instead of remove. I
am not saying you are wrong I am just saying that here in the south this is
what I have witnessed,    <snipped>

I do not have your longevity and experience in the SCA, but I, too, am from
the south, and I, too, hear far too many people use the term "remove"
improperly when "course" is what is meant.  I feel fortunate to have run
across this article early in my SCA career:

http://dialup.pcisys.net/~mem/course.html

I took it very seriously, and try to spread the word as often as possible.
Using improper words because we feel that they sound more "period" does not
make them correct.  (Don't get me started on the "crat" words ;-) )

I do not mean to be disrespectful or unkind.  I just feel that you are
defending an improper usage, and that you may profit from reading the afore
mentioned article.

In Service to the Dream,

Mistress Mairi Ceilidh

Cooking, Trimaris