[Sca-cooks] remove vs course

Elaine Koogler ekoogler1 at comcast.net
Mon Jun 5 11:25:29 PDT 2006

betta wrote:

> Huette,
> Seeing as the only two attempts you have made to me have been
> condescending and not polite in any such way..
>
> I have those to say of my 24 years and 10 months of being in the sca,
> very very very very rarely have I seen the term course used instead of
> remove. I am not saying you are wrong I am just saying that here in
> the south this is what I have witnessed, so I will make an attempt
> when I am addressing you ( which I don't really see happening seeing
> as my very first post to the group you were rude and insulting enough
> to make a newcomer run and hide ! )  to use your preferred term

I have known Huette for many years, albeit from the other coast and via
this list and have never known her to be rude.  I don't think that's the
case here...she has a wicked sense of humor that may take some folks a
bit to get used to...but I truly believe that her response was meant
more to add humor to the situation than to be rude.  If you want a
thorough discussion of course vs. remove, you might check out the list
archives...this has been discussed several times in the past.

Kiri