[Sca-cooks] Sops

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Mon Jun 5 14:57:08 PDT 2006

I just counted and we lemmatized 29 recipes on page 91
and another 8 on page 92 under Sops so that's at least 37 recipes
in English. It's fairly easy to take that list in the Concordance, the
sources, and then go through and see
what each recipe says, noting the changes over time. Add in the Anglo-Saxon,
MED and OED definitions, and it has the makings of an interesting
article, but not for me.
I hear the Elizabethans calling. My printing bibliography arrived today, so
I am going to immerse myself in that for a spell.

Johnnae