[Sca-cooks] Word usage was Re: remove vs course

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Mon Jun 5 18:34:15 PDT 2006

You guys don't call it "merchants' row?" What *do* you call it?
It's "course," here in Artemisia, by and large.  A matter of edumacation
over the years.  We're working on more appropriate terms than "autocrat" and
"feastocrat" as well.
I'm always fascinated by the distinct inter-kingdom/area differences that
seem to creep in so fast, even in a relatively (numerically) small group as
ours, which all shares a common language (English) to a fair degree.  Gives
interesting insight into how languages and dialects could develop in fairly
small geographical pockets....
--Maire, who will raise Anne-Marie's "feast" and "disrespect" twitches with
her own--"text" as a verb, "gift" as a verb, and modified nouns as
adjectives (such as "old fashion" when what is clearly meant is "old
fashioned")