[Sca-cooks] Word usage was Re: remove vs course

Laura C. Minnick lcm at jeffnet.org
Mon Jun 5 18:48:09 PDT 2006

At 06:39 PM 6/5/2006, you wrote:
>Sue Clemenger wrote:
>
> >You guys don't call it "merchants' row?" What *do* you call it?
> >

>A market.

Hey, I like that! It's short, sweet, and, like medieval and all of that!

There was a trend for awhile for merchants to set up outside of a city's
gates, and just outside of the range of the authorities (mostly tax). A bit
more dodgy than what you might find in the official market, but they seem
to have made some money, or they wouldn't have done it. Sometimes I wonder
about setting up a couple of booths outside of the usual merchant are at an
event. Problem is, most folks wouldn't get it.

'Lainie