[Sca-cooks] Mercer was Word usage

Johnna Holloway johnna at sitka.engin.umich.edu
Mon Jun 5 22:21:00 PDT 2006

Before he was a printer, Caxton was a mercer.
On Caxton as a member of the Mercers' Company
A. Sutton, ‘Caxton was a Mercer: His Social Milieu and Friends’, in
England in the Fifteenth Century: Proceedings of the 1992 Harlaxton
Symposium, edited by Nicholas Rogers (Stamford: Paul Watkins, 1994), pp.
118-48. ISBN 1871615674

Johnnae