[Sca-cooks] Favorite Frugal Pennsic Meals

Sue Clemenger mooncat at in-tch.com
Mon Jun 5 22:35:00 PDT 2006

My favorite frugal meal that comes to mind immediately is a vegetarian version of red beans and rice.  ;o)  Various lentil pottages are tasty as well, and more historically appropriate (as far as SCA usage is concerned), but I have to watch myself around lentils.  We disagree if we spend too much time in each other's company.
Also good are those various anonymous chicken recipes, as I think of them.  The ones in which the chicken is hacked or boned or boiled, and served with rice, and some spices maybe? I'm not fond of dark meat, but thighs and legs are cheap, and the hacking/boning/boiling/spicing disguises things just fine.
That onion soup recipe that goes over sops is downright tasty, as well.
Sorry I'm speaking in complete generalities tonight...too tired/sore to think in more detail. ;o)
--maire, almost ready for bed....