[Sca-cooks] Byzantine bread stamps

Jeff Elder scholari at verizon.net
Thu Jun 8 22:13:45 PDT 2006

Cool, now If I could use my Byzantine gold coin to buy one!
Here is a website that might offer some insight as to their use.
(as a Matter of fact the Worshipful Company of Bakers asked to use his
article in their recent anniversary event)
Wulfric the Mad Baker - A bit more information on Baker's Marks
http://www.whirlwind-design.com/madbaker/marks.html

Here is a bit of reading also about these very types of stamps:
http://www.florilegium.org/files/FOOD-BREADS/bread-stamps-msg.html

Y'all might recognize some of the names!

Simon Hondy
"Cum Omni humilitate
faciant ipsas artes"
  -St. Benedict