[Sca-cooks] Recipe and menu ideas wanted

Caointiarn caointiarn1 at bresnan.net
Fri Jun 16 06:05:28 PDT 2006

Hello!  I have two questions to throw to the group:
1) I'll be running an all day kitchen in a couple weeks.  Asking for
donations, I got 2 big cans of crab meat.  It's about 2 lbs.of crab, so I
figure an appetizer type something, but what?   My menu theme is centered
around the Medetearranean, Each course that I'm setting out every couple
hours focused on a specific area/culture {Moorish, Spainish, Middle eastern,
etc} within our time period.

2)  I want to "one-up" my supervisor.  We plan parties/special lunches
around the various holidays.  I work with adulis with {profound & severe}
developmental disabilities.  Most have either problems with chewing &
swallowing or have no teeth.  With summer here, her idea of the "good menu"
is sloppy joes, tater tots, baked beans, chips and maybe a cookie.    I'm
thinking to suggest pulled pork sandwiches, coleslaw {cut finely, like KFC}
jello salad and "sorbets"  {fruit slushies}.   Usually the budget is ~$75.00
to feed 30 - 35 people.

I need to tap the brains of the greater collective here!
Thanks!
Caointairn