[Sca-cooks] buying chinese spices

Maggie MacDonald maggie5 at cox.net
Fri Jun 16 08:25:31 PDT 2006

A friend of mine is doing regular trips to Hong Kong and South China right
now, and was wondering if there was anything I wanted while he was
there.  Of course there is, SPICES. However, theres some odd import
restrictions on organic things.

Is there anybody familiar with what those restrictions might be, and what
is convenient to pick up and bring back from there, in terms of spices?  He
had problems trying to find sichuan pepper, but maybe it was because I had
described it badly.

Thanks in advance!
Maggie

PS- he also makes frequent trips to Korea, what's good from there?