[Sca-cooks] Vinegar - was Re: controlling Ants

tom.vincent at yahoo.com tom.vincent at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 16 08:37:11 PDT 2006

gotcha...she gave me a fascinating, more detailed explanation offlist.

For those interested in some academic research into controlling pests with home remedies, I found this:

http://lancaster.unl.edu/nebline/2006/jun06/page03.pdf

and for more on the wonders of vinegar:

http://www.thenewhomemaker.com/node/277

I find myself using balsamic (black, white and gold) vinegar is more and more dishes...hated the smell of vinegar as a kid.  It's a wonderful way to add flavor without adding calories.  I used to slather veggies in butter, now I just toss them with some good, aged b.v.

If you haven't treated yourself to a small bottle of 10- or 20-year-old Italian balsamic vinegar, do so!  http://chefshop.com

Duriel

Tom Vincent
Republican agenda: Crush the middle class into poverty, rape the environment, enrich corporations, restore slavery, install a theocratic dictatorship. Fight back!